Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Girls Gone Wild!

I can't remember any time before that Dominique and I have been alone without the rest of the family! Gary and Vinny are out in Oklahoma with my brother Mike and his family for the Jim Thorpe Awards Banquet. For those of you who don't know about that award, it is given out to the best defensive back college football player. My brother happens to be the Director of the Committee and invited Gary and Vinny to go out and be a part of it with him. So that leaves Dominique and I home alone together for the very first time just the two of us. We dropped the boys off at the airport on Sunday and then headed back to Cumming for Dominique's soccer game, which of course they won!! Coach Hepler, Heidi and Frankie came by the game to cheer her on! Our good friends invited over to their house for dinner after the game and then we came home to a very quiet, large and dark house! Of course Dominique slept with me and we tried to stay awake to watch the Grammys but passed out I think as soon as our head hit the pillow. We got up yesterday and went to school and work. After work we went to dinner at a place called Cinco's (great mexican) and then returned the cheering and went and watched Frankie play soccer against North Forsyth. Frankie's team (West Forsyth) beat North 1-0. We came home and again had all intentions of playing DDR, laying in bed, snacking and watching TV and I think we were both asleep within 10 mintues. Tonight Dominique has soccer practice and then we will grab a bite to eat and hopefully be able to stay awake to at least see the rerun of General Hospital on Soapnet! Gary and Vinny come back tomorrow so I guess we will have to settle down a little!! Even though we haven't had the Party Time we thought we would, it has been so nice to get some girl time with my baby! She is growing up way too fast!!

No comments: