Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Holidays




Sorry that I haven't updated my blog in awhile, things have been kinda crazy! Gary's grandma, after 90 great years went home to Jesus! We packed up the car and headed back to Florida for her "celebration". It was a sad reason that we made the trip but Mema had her way of getting the family together around the holidays! It was great to see everyone and spend time family!

We headed back to Georgia and tried to carry on Mema's (and Grandma Sylvestri's) Christmas Eve tradition. I even bought a pizzelle maker and attempted to make Mema's cookies. Dominique and I followed Mema's receipe and I think that they came out pretty good! We had some close friends come over Christmas Eve and had the Italian Christmas dinner, Chicken Parm, Sausage & Peppers, Baked Ziti, Ziti with Broccoli, garlic and oil, artichoke hearts, caprese, fresh bread, etc.... I even made Aunt Donna's famous chocolate truffle for dessert!

Christmas Day was a little weird without Danielle, Nicholas and Grandma James with us in the morning. It was though the first really cold Christmas that I can remember in a long time, it actually felt like Christmas. We did Christmas morning with just the 4 of us and then headed over to our good friends Tammy and Damir's for Christmas dinner. They had a typical "California" Christmas dinner, grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon, TriTip (a select cut of meat that is very popular in California but hard to find anywhere else), baked potato's and salad! We missed all of our family very much but are very grateful to have meet such great friends!

I hope that you Christmas was wonderful and I hope that you all have a Great New Year!

2 comments:

Heather Orr said...

I am glad you all made some new memories while keeping the old ones alive!! We would love to go with you all to Stone Mountain - it is my most favorite place in GA!!!

Love,
Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!